My ex-husband can't find the papers necessary for me to get…

Customer Question
My ex-husband can't find...

My ex-husband can't find the papers necessary for me to get the 5 certificates of occupancy so I can sell the house, ... the house is in my name

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NY

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Moved out of the house with my daughter into an apartment, since he has his business at the old house

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He planned to pay half the current mortgage & has not done so, and just notified me that he can't afford to do so and that the house will be going into foreclosure

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

He has taken a $600,000 loan against the house without my signature.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/20/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 6 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.what can I answer for you?
Awaiting your reply, thank you!