We are giving a set of hors d’oeuvre forks and knives to our…

Customer Question
We are giving a...

We are giving a set of hors d’oeuvre forks and knives to our daughter to take back from Washington to California this Christmas. Is this ok to put in her carry-on case, or should we just mail them to her ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a WA lawyer about this?

We are giving a set of hors d-ourves forks and knives to our daughter to take back from Washington to California this Christmas. Is this ok as carry-on or should we mail it instead ? Thank you

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None. The set is still in its original packaging.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I can’t think of anything else.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/20/2017
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good afternoon, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

No, unfortunately your daughter would not be able to take this on the plane with her, even though it's in the original packaging still.

It would be much better to mail it to her, rather than run the risk of having it confiscated by airport authorities.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 6 months ago

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!