I have a judgement against some in the civil court to

Customer Question
I have a...

I have a judgement against some in the civil court to collect $500 but he turn around and file an appeal

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Tennesse

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

He file an appeal in the circuit court

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They said that i have to fille a motion

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
12/20/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.

Typically the defendant has up to 30 days to appeal a judgment and during that time most courts will not pay you. Once you win you are generally issued a document that allows you to start the collections process - whether it's wage garnishment, garnishment of a bank account or other asset - or placement of a lien on personal property. I'm going to give you a really great article that I think will explain the process to you and allow you to refer back to at a later date: https://www.lectlaw.com/files/civ05.htm I know it's not very satisfying to have to wait once you've won - but it's important to think of "winning" as the *first* step in a process. Please let me know if I've answered your question. If you don't need any additional information, could you please take a moment to check the box stating that I answered your question so that I receive credit for working with you. It DOES NOT cost you anything extra and it allows me to get credit for helping you. Sometimes people aren't aware that experts don't get any credit for the time and effort that we spend on our answers unless you rate it positively. 5 STARS ***** is always appreciated! If you have follow up questions I'd be happy to answer them as well. You can still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be some lag in my response time if you follow up with additional questions. It just means I'm working with someone else but I will ALWAYS come back an answer your questions when I'm done.