The state suspended my license because of a violation on a…

Customer Question
The state suspended my...

The state suspended my license because of a violation on a smart start machine;e. I left fl the day of the hurricaine and am now in ohio, how can I get the state to unrealse my license the marchine came off of my car dec 5h here in ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: License regulations vary from place to place, so can you tell me what state this is in?

My license is from florida, the safety council gave me a paper that wanted me to go to counsiling. before I could do that the weather got bad they suspended my license because I did not go . Ohio has no idea what I should do, I spoke with a lawyer Katie burger he and she suggested I talk to a lawyer in florida and file a motion to release my license

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No just the suspension

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just that I finished the dui requirmets, court , the machine, and I cant get ahold of dmv in Tallassee I don't even know if they know the machine is off my car

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
12/20/2017
Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Michael Bradley

I would suggest calling the court in Florida first to confirm that you have finished everything and can have the system removed

Florida will control everything and Ohio can only follow Florida

I would then call DMV in Florida

I understand how hard they are to get on the line

I advise my clients to call right when they open

The court is done and close all classes were done before court can I file a motion in Volusia to ask them to drop this suspendion

after making the phone calls yes as long as you can prove everything

there may be a date that ends the system and not just completion of the classes