In 2017, Independence Blue Cross (IBC) IBC entered into

Customer Question
In 2017, Independence Blue...

In 2017, Independence Blue Cross (IBC) IBC entered into their system my wife's birthdate being 11 years younger than her actual age for a spousal policy. Consequently we were quoted a lower premium which they honored after 4 months of escalation. IBC had all year to fix this in there system. During my 2018 renewal, I confirmed again that her birthdate was incorrect. However I received a quote 11/22/7 that did not reflect this with a lower premium price than for our age. The 11/22/17 IBC confirming quote did NOT say anywhere "subject to change." On 12/8/17 I received my IBC Premium notice which reflected the correct higher premium price. Must IBC honor the 11/22/17 quote or can they revise it upward ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

PA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, I advised IBC customer service who is escalating within their department not legal that I would if they would not honor it

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This is an off exchange individual quote. Our 2018 ages will be 62

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
12/20/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 5 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.

I know that if feels like they should have to "live with" their mistake but in actuality they don't. They would not have to honor the "incorrect" price and can very easily claim that they are actually entitled to the difference in last year's underpayment and correct amount. So, it's actually in your favor that they're not claiming that and are simply seeking to correct their error now.

I don't think there's any harm in pushing a bit and stating that since it was their error you should be entitled to keep it (even though not technically true). I wish I could tell you otherwise but that is the law and, believe me while I don't always love what the law is, I'm not doing you any favors if I don't actually tell you what it is.

Please let me know if I've answered your question. If I have, could you please take a moment to check the box stating that I answered your question - by selecting the appropriate number of stars - so that I receive credit for working with you. If you have any follow up questions I would be happy to answer them. Experts only get credit for the time and effort we spend on our answers if you rate positively (3, 4, 5 stars - 5 stars is definitely appreciated!). It does NOT cost you anything extra and it allows me to get credit for helping you. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be a lag between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but I assure you I will ALWAYS come back and answer your questions.

Your answer should be more substantive. Can you specify the actual, relevant legal statute(s) or case law decisions ?
If no, why?
I thought I just updated and made the $59 payment to initiate a phone call to(###) ###-####
Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Michael Bradley

I am a new expert

I do not see the phone call request

you would need to contact customer service

Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley, Lawyer