My son drove my car,, which he got insurance on it to drive…

My son drove my...

My son drove my car,, which he got insurance on it to drive to school, n college credit class after noon for school,,, or car was hit n totaled by another,,,, son not injured, but other insurance company not being fair on replacing our car,,, they only notify my son and ex wife,, on matter not me... car worth lot more than they say,,, and want us to pay salvage yard we’re car sits...

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Mo

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I’m just learning all this,,, I’m trying to get ahold of insurance company to tell them, they need to deal with me n there replacement ain’t fair, I’ve put 3000 in car for son, they saying car worth 1200.00.. I don’t know what to do or my rights, or etc

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There being unfair, my son, is going threw a lot of pain n suffering, cause his senior year, life etc.. no car... n there replacement not enough to get a equal replacement

This gone on almost a month,,, they gave him rental for 3 Days , just few days ago... but still car less,,, can’t get to after schooling classes for collage... they only wanta give 1200, and car worth 3000 plus... n they want us to pay for car being in lot.... I am not accepting the 1200... how can I fight,,, or say to help this for my son,, I’m disabled,, dad... n car also helped me,,, the other insurance company not being fair...
12/20/2017
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

please review

Thank you very much for your patience. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Many times, insurance companies are going to work their hardest to pay you the least out for your vehicle. The rights that you do have are the rights to reject their offer and make a counter offer. If you make a counter offer, you should state in your letter that:

• you do not find the initial settlement offer acceptable;
  • list the reasons why you deserve a higher settlement offer; and
  • include a demand for a higher settlement offer.

You may need to get an independent appraisal on the vehicle to help your case. If that doesn't work, you may need to hire a personal injury attorney who can negotiate on your behalf or possibly even help you bring a case to trial. What other questions did you have for me regarding this?

I’m sry,, right now can’t afford call or I love to... the accident was nov 15th .. 35 Days ago

Oh, that’s not a problem with the phone call. The system automatically asks if you want one, but there is no problem declining the request. Did you get a chance to review my answer?

I reviewed ur response,,, it can be helpful,,, I don’t know if my car in salvage yard , the bill).. my responsibility,,, since not settled,, I appreciate any advise

I understand. You may want to consider just writing a formal demand letter telling them that their offer is too low. There’s a site that I’ve used in the past where you can find a good template for a demand letter (click here). It only costs $10 and it is way cheaper than litigation. Did you have any other questions for me at all today?

Legal Eagle, Lawyer