Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

HEALTH ISSUE OF FAMILY MEMBER IN FEDERAL PRISON THAT IS NOT…

Customer Question
HEALTH ISSUE OF FAMILY...

HEALTH ISSUE OF FAMILY MEMBER IN FEDERAL PRISON THAT IS NOT BEING TAKEN CARE OF

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I AM THE MOTHER FOF THE INMATE SHE IS IN ALDERSON VA

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

CALLED THE FACLITY TALKED TO THE DOCTOR LEFT E MAIL AT THE PRISON

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

MY DAUGHTER HAVE AN OUT DATE 4/16/18.I AM AFRAID HER HEALTH IS FAILING DUE TO DIET AND DIABETES HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE .SHE WAS PUT ON MEDFORMAN AND NO FINGER STICKS WERE BEING DONE TO CHECK SUGAR LEVELS .THEY DID GIVE HER FLOUCLACON FOR YEAST IT SEEM LIKE IT WAS HELPING AT FIRST BUT WE ARE BACK AT SQUARE ONE WITH THE ITCHING AND OFFENSIVE ODOR .THE ODOR IS SO OFFENSIVE SHE IS THE TALK OF THE PRISON BY OTHER INMATES IT HAS ALSO BECOME A HUMAN DIGNITY ISSUE FOR MY DAUGHTER .WHAT CAN i do to shed some light on this problem worried mom

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
12/20/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

This would be an issue of potential violation of her civil rights pursuant to the 8th Amendment prohibiting cruel and unusual punishment. Legally, the Courts hold an inmate is entitled to basic medical care for their medical needs. If your daughter is not getting that basic medical care, then this is a violation of her civil rights. There are civil rights groups such as the ACLU and NAACP who assist people who are in these situations. Also, there are civil rights attorneys in VA and there job is to sue state and federal government agencies and you can get her a civil rights attorney (they do not take money up front) at the same sites used by other attorneys: http://www.hg.org or http://www.superlawyers.com

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney