I did some online trading with a company by the name of FTO…

Customer Question
I did some online...

I did some online trading with a company by the name of FTO capital. I have requested to withdraw some funds and have been not getting a response but have been pressured into putting more funds onto the account. Are they a hoax and if so I also provided a copy of my passport to prove who I was. I am now uneasy due to on line theft etc.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

WA. Also out of the blue I got an email requesting me to pay money which I definately knew was a scam so i just deleted it. Now I am thinking it is linked

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None as I have just put two and two together

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I am just uneasy at this point. The money was about $900 which is annoying but not going to break me. Would it be useful to cut and past the scam email?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
12/20/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Loren, Attorney
Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.
I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.
I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.
This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.
The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.
There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.
WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.
There are numerous complaints about FTO posted online. They are are unlicensed and registered in the Marshall Islands.
They are relatively young (3/17), which is also a bad sign.
My suggestion is that you file a complaint online with the FBI at www.ic3.gov.
Also, file a consumer complaint with the WA Attorney General’s office at http://www.atg.wa.gov/fileacomplaint.aspx
If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.
There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.
hi is it just coincidence that I also received this scam email today (cut and pasted below)...seems like it may be connected to me. I just sent it to trash.
I am also assuming that the above will flag with the authorities if any body has done identity fraud via the documents I provided?Hello my friend.
I write you on this working e-mail cause we sure that you must visit it
I'm a member of the team of hackers in Vietnam.
Last month I put a virus on your working and home computer and found on them private information which will harm your usual life and social position moreover we realised a function of record you (throug your cameras) and your screen, so you could do something bad in front of your device... lmao
If you do not want us to use it agains you it is necessary to make a transaction of 280 $ using bitcoins (cryptocurensy). We are sure that you have this sum.
I am beginning to feel that this is also a scam seeing as you are asking me for more money :(
The site automatically makes the premium service request. I am a licensed attorney and I am trying to answer your question.
Thank you for the additional information.
Once scammers get your contact informtion it often gets passed around and sold to other scammers.
I would suggest you subscribe to an ID theft protection service, such as Lifeline, for a year. Do this since FTO likely has your ss# ***** other personal information.
It will prevent any accounts being opened in your name.
If they have any banking or credit card info, call the banks and card companies and let them know that the security of the accounts may be compromised. They will take steps to protect you.
no I do not as you have already scammed me. It was supposed to be $5 australian and $58 has come out of my paypal account.
Looks like it is not my day
Please be aware that I, and the other Experts on the site, are site users like you (I am not an employee of JA), and I do not (and can not) see any account info or address payment issues, but Customer Service will be happy to assist you.If you are having trouble, you can reach Customer Service assistance at this link:http://ww2.justanswer.com/helpwhere you can chat, call, or send a support request. You can also email directly to***@******.***Thanks.
Did you have further questions for me? Have I answered your questions?
Loren, Attorney