Is the Oxford Club legal? Oregon. I have not collected any…

Customer Question
Is the Oxford Club...

Is the Oxford Club legal?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Oregon

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

I have not collected any money on a monthly basis, Are they a good program to bring home money

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/20/2017
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post and am typing you a reply.

We have received numerous inquiries about the Oxford Club.

The Oxford Club publishes a newsletter that deals with economic and investment issues. The company has been around since 2001 and is an affiliate of Stansberry Associates Investment Research.

The Better Business Bureau has been aware of Oxford Club since its very beginnings. On a scale from A to F, the BBB has given Oxford Club an A+ rating. It doesn't get much better than that. You can see their review and read their complaint history here and get a sense of whether it's for you.

https://www.bbb.org/greater-maryland/business-reviews/publishers-periodical/the-oxford-club-in-baltimore-md-20002292

So this is a legitimate company that has been around for a long time and is generally well-regarded. As you can see, the BBB has had complaints about them, but none of the complaints involve the company promoting any type of a scam.

All of the above said, economic and investment advice isn't an exact science. And depending upon your own knowledge in that area, you may find some of their publications much less useful, applicable, appropriate for your abilities and financial circumstances than others. You can see a couple of complaints about their articles here. And there are more here.

But are they legal and legitimate? Absolutely.

There are bunches of tax saving so-called "secrets" financial experts put out there, but that doesn't mean any of them will be successful for you. The market and economic climate is highly variable. A good idea today could be a bad one a week from now.

But are they scammers? No.