Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My mother had a reverse mortgage an upon her death 2 years…

Customer Question
My mother had a...

My mother had a reverse mortgage an upon her death 2 years ago My sister took over as her representative. The home was just to be turned over to the reverse mortgage people . We have been working on this now since my sister

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Left the home she shared with my Mom in Minnesota. We have gotten no where in turning this place over to them. It has changed hands several times and no one gets back to answer questions about what the hold up is. How an we resolve this.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

All paper work was signed, motorized and UPS'd to the organization in July, of 2016. My sis has now sent 4 copies of my Moms death certificate as the people that take over say they have no record of her passing.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just that we obtained an attorney last spring cause we got so disgusted and she seems to have given up as well. We waited to get help as 3 out of 4 of us are on S.S. and money is an issue. But we need to find out what we need to do from someone. there is currently no insurance on the home as my sis was told to take everything out of my Moms name. We are very concerned what this means for us if something should happen.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
12/19/2017
Lawyer: Damien Bosco, Attorney replied 2 months ago
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney.

You mentioned you hired an attorney last spring. What did the attorney tell you?

She actually had a verbal agreement with the people she had spoken to. When she went back to inquire what was taking so long, it had changed hands again and these people (hud?) Refused to honor the agreement. My sis is still getting tax bills and she s already paid for two.

Is anyone living in the house now? Is the title of the house still in your Mother's name? Do you know who holds the reverse mortgage now? What was the agreement?

Tina, Lawyer