My landlord rented me an apartment without first obtaining…

Customer Question
My landlord rented me...

My landlord rented me an apartment without first obtaining the needed renter's license in Lake Worth. My position is that this makes the contract null and voice because he didn't have a legal right to enter into it. A lawyer or doctor cannot demand payment for legal or medical advice w/o a license, why can a landlord?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Gosh, I thought I ha asked a Flroid lawyer Florida lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

He's filed for eviction.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I want to consult with a member of the Florida Bar.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/19/2017
Lawyer: Lori, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Lori
Lori, Attorney
Hello. Let me try and assist you. You are correct. Landlord needs a license. See attached link: https://www.lakeworth.org/business/business-tax/
You can asset his lack of a license as a defense to the eviction action. Hope that helps.
Jesus, I already knew this. WHy does it make the contract null and void in Flordia?