What is the theory in Pennsylvania that municipalities may…

Customer Question
What is the theory...

What is the theory in Pennsylvania that municipalities may do all that the PA constitution does not forbid?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, it has to do with the Pennsylvania Home Rule and Options Plan Rule

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Pennsylvania - at one time, the law was interpreted to say that a municipality could only do what the PA constitution allowed, then it was changed to say that they could do what they needed to as long as the state Constitution did not deny the action.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
12/19/2017
Lawyer: DamienJD, Attorney replied 6 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney.

Is this a theoretical legal question or is this related to a specific situation or incident?