My car was recently repossessed, while it was in the tow…

Customer Question
My car was recently...

My car was recently repossessed, while it was in the tow companies possession my belongings were stolen and the finance company is willing to reemburse me for the value of all the things stolen. However the main thing that was stolen or thrown away were Ulta sound pictures of a child i miscarried late last year. the finance company has asked me to appoint a fair value on then. To me they are priceless as i can never get them back for obvious reasons. what is a fair range for photos of this kind?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

AZ, 2011 i got my car back i paid to have it back and when i went to pick up my car thats how i noticed that things were missing

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes to both the finace company and the recvery company

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that i can think of

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/19/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

I am so sorry you lost those images. I understand how difficult it must be.

Unfortunately, there is no way to assign a value to those priceless images.

There is no way to assign a market value and the lender is not going to reimburse sentimental value.

So, ask for the a five hundred dollars and let them come back with a counteroffer.

They will never come up with what the images are worth to you, but you should be able to reach some sort of compromise.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.