Does a cop have to see you phy. on a property after a verble…

Customer Question
Does a cop have...

Does a cop have to see you phy. on a property after a verble warning to arrest you fl.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Fla.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

The man called police they came out and told me I was trespassed becaused I cleaned up around his moble home after the hurricane in sept ive never met him I thought it still belong to me and my husband but he sold it to someone in may of this yr. we are in a 2 yr div. so he was not suppose to sell transfer anything until the judge rules so I thought I was cleaning up our martial rental but my husband didn't tell m he sold it, so the man came back 3 weeks ago he found out from my husband that I cleaned it all up and I had no intentions of going back I thought it was vacant so because I cleaned up the small yard in sept he calls the police and I explained these thing to the cop he said, the man said to tell you, thanks for cleaning up after the storm but tell her she is trespassed so I got a verbal warning when in fact if my husband had motioned the court and told me like he is legally suppose to do, I would have never went there and cleaned the mobil home lot up . also police told me a cop has to see you on that property before e can arrest you. my husband caused this by not telling me he sold it nor asking the courts permission to sell it due to it was marital thanks so much donna

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
12/19/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.

The police would need to see you on the property (or have other evidence - like video of you on the property) in order to arrest you. It sounds like this was just a well meaning cop that let you know what the situation was.

after the warning my husband could lie and say he saw me on that property and based on his lie could they arrest because I think that's whos behind this , I think he got the man to do it so he could say latter he saw me on property he has lied many times before once a completely lieing dvi I was suppose to have done everything on the dvi ecept killing the family pet!!!!!!!! in a 4 hr per he and his ex said I did things it would take a week to do, it was the worst thing ive been threw thank you donna

No. He can't lie and say he saw you there.

Well, I suppose he *could* lie and say he saw you there but that's not going to get him very far. Without actual evidence - i.e. a video, for example - you wouldn't be arrested for trespassing. The man that called probably just wanted to protect his own interests in the property - that's why you were given a verbal warning. There's no basis for believing this will go beyond that.