If one has a judge who is clearly partial, and this involves…

Customer Question
If one has a...

If one has a judge who is clearly partial, and this involves a community beach club that is trying to act like an HOA... the judge is known to be in 'cahoots'... who can we write to who would be someone who could look into these claims? This is a case that is in a local court.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?

Washington

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Against the judge?No. But this case has been going back and forth for years...

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It's so complicated... but this judge has actually sat in court and pretty much instructed the beach club how to proceed against the community so that they can come out on top.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
12/19/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 8 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

If you have evidence the judge is actually biased against a party in a case, then you would need to file a motion to recuse the judge and explain what the actual bias is (such as coaching the other party and running their case for them) and ask for the judge to be removed for that conduct.

You can also report the judge to the judicial oversight committee at the state supreme court for them to investigate later. The first step though is filing the motion to recuse the judge and ask for another judge to take the case over.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.