I rented a suite through booking.com using their vendor of…

Customer Question
I rented a suite...

I rented a suite through booking.com using their vendor of Pelican Suites. When we got to the apartment the a/c wasn't working, the outlets weren't working, the towels were dirty, the windows didn't open and there was no toilet paper. So we started calling the property managers. Nothing was done - no one from Pelican responded to our complaints. So when I got home I emailed booking to let them know that Pelican was illegally booking out that suite - I have proof. And that nothing was done with the complaints and that I want a full refund. I was told that they would not refund me because I did not call booking.com DURING my stay. Why would why? I was in contact with the people renting me the suite. And Pelican has completely ignored my requests for a full refund. Do I have a civil case?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?

I live in Arizona and Pelican is worldwide.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

THis happened in Nov from the 8 - 12

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have emailed both Pelican and Booking.com extensively. This has been an ongoing battle since I arrived in the suite on Nov 8

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
12/19/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 4 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Yes you have a claim based on breach of contract.

No need to have complained during the stay.

You can pursue directly, in small claims court or using a lawyer who handles consumer protection issues.

Is the response fast and acceptable? if I can clarify anything, of course ask me.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
INFOLAWYER, Attorney