Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I FILED A REV.LVG.TRUST/COLORADO; SHOULD THE WILL BE

Customer Question
I FILED A REV.LVG.TRUST/COLORADO...

I FILED A REV.LVG.TRUST/COLORADO; SHOULD THE WILL BE DESTROYED? ANTICIPATED ESTATE TO BE LESS THAN 500K.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

TRUST WAS FILED

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

COLORADO

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
12/19/2017
Lawyer: Damien Bosco, Attorney replied 2 months ago
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

My understanding of your question is that you created a revocable trust. You also have a will. You want to know whether you can destroy the will since you have the trust. Your assets about less than $500k. Is that correct?

Tina, Lawyer