Do social security benefits cover hearing tests and hearing…

Customer Question
Do social security benefits...

Do social security benefits cover hearing tests and hearing aids?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/19/2017
Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site, the answers are for general information. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

No, Medicare does not cover hearing aids. According to the Center for Medicare Services (CMS) “Medicare doesn’t cover routine hearing exams, hearing aids, or exams for fitting hearing aids.” It will, however, cover certain diagnostic hearing tests. If you qualify for a diagnostic hearing test under Original Medicare, you will still pay the Part B deductible plus 20% of the test.

If you have Medigap that offers additional coverage beyond Original Medicare, however, Medigap usually does not cover hearing aids. If you have Medigap plan C or F, it will cover 100% of your Medicare Part B deductible and will pay 100% of the hearing diagnostic test’s coinsurance. This means that you would not pay anything for the diagnostic test.

In California Anthem Blue Cross offers a Medigap plan F that covers $750 towards hearing aids each year. However, you must be enrolled and pay for this Medigap plan F.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have more questions.

It was a pleasure assisting you today, and I would appreciate if you would rate my service, so I will receive credit and payment for my work. After you rate the question you can ask follow up questions, and you will not be charged any additional money for the follow-up questions.

Thank you for your reply. Looks like I'm on my own relative to hearing aids.

Unfortunately, they don't cover it. I'm sorry. Please don't forget to rate the question with stars. We as attorneys are not employees of just Answer and are not paid unless you rate the question. There is no additional charge to rate the question.

If you have any other questions please just ask
Done. Reply sent same day. All is well. Thanks.
Ok.