What should I do if I think my sister is taking more than…

Customer Question
What should I do...

What should I do if I think my sister is taking more than her share of my Mother's estate. She is the executive but she does not let my brother or I know anything. No calls and when she does answer our calls we hang up with more questions and no answer to the question we called about.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

One more question..I got the inheritance but government is taking my husbands disability but not mine and telling me what I can and can not have. Excuse my language..that is BULLSHIT!!! IN OREGON.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Filed or reported what and to who?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My brother and I did hire a lawyer but he didn't do crap except send her a letter. She then hired one also that she said the estate will pay but not mine. I hired one " To protect our interest in the estate and she said the same. So why do we have to pay a3rd of her lawyer but she will not do the same. I'm afraid if I raise to much hell over it I will not get the rest. Mom passed in Feb. and she said she is not deviding the rest til Feb..March..maybe April. She is waiting til January to do mom's taxes. HELP ME PLEASE..SHE IS STEALING AND LYING TO US.!!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/19/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.

If you believe she is not doing her job as the executor of the estate correctly you'd need to file an action to have her removed - or at the very least file for an accounting so you, as someone who is entitled to a share of the estate, can see what is being done.

How do I file an accounting or to have her dismissed?

You would need to go to the probate court in Oregon to do that.

https://legalbeagle.com/4962990-petition-remove-executor.html <- take a look at this article. I'm going to try to find you a sample motion.

https://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/113.195 <- this would be the statute you'd use.