Education law. Georgia. Not yet

Customer Question
Education law Lawyer's Assistant:...

Education law

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
12/19/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.

What can I answer for you?

I want to remain for the rest of my education, I was due to graduate May 2018, but now I'm not allowed to continue in the nursing departments curriculum, can you help me get my degree, or get a refund?

What exactly happened?

I passed every class, except one, and I had a 73.3 average, which did not meet their 74 passing grade. They implemented a new policy for their ATI assessment portion~ I passed all the ATI tests, but I did not participate in the focused assessment, which was required for the students that did not score a 100 on the first attempt. Depending on the score, the student had to log in the hours they spent on their focused reviews, which could be from 1-4 hours, times 3 assessments. I do not learn from computer classes, nor do I have the internet access, or the time to sit and watch a computer, like a punishment for not scoring a 100. i was only given 30 points out of 100, because the new policy stipulates that in order to receive the full amount of points, students must watch the full amount of time that coincides with their scores. That's ridiculous! We are adults, we are in a nursing class, and I feel this policy, which had several changes throughout the semester, is not congruent with any nursing program.