I buy a car yesturday and sign all the papper work and use…

Customer Question
Ok i buy...

Ok i buy a car yesturday and sign all the papper work and use my old car us a trade in . and today i get a call from the deler saying they gave me to much money for my trade in and they want me to pay the difference after the sale was final yeturday . can they go back and ask for more money afyter the sale was final

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Louisiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I had sign the sale contract yesturday

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
12/19/2017
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 8 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. If there was an offer made and consideration paid and acceptance, the contract should be binding. If they now think they overpaid for your car, that is not something which you would likely be responsible for. I say this because they gave you an offer/price for the trade in value and you accepted it, along with the other terms and conditions of the sale. There would need to be a legal basis for them to try and get out of this and demand you pay more and their inability to price the car right or that they paid too much, is not a legal basis unless something was misrepresented or hidden from them, which you knew.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!