My husband and I are being accused of several different

Customer Question
My husband and I...

My husband and I are being accused of several different things by a neighbor and his acquaintances. They have even spoken to law enforcement and there's an investigation. We haven't done anything to anyone not have we said anything to anyone about anything. Should we go to the sheriffs office and swear I'm an affidavit that we haven't done anything that they are accusing us of or should we wait for the investigation to be complete. There is suppose to be some kind of recording, but it had to have been pieced together and they gave a wrong name as to the person talking on the recording.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Kentucky

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes. A bogus video recording

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Our neighbor verbally attacked my husband two days ago

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
12/19/2017
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 5 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. I am sorry to hear about this. How do you know the police have opened an investigation?

Not the police, fish and wildlife. The video is bogus and they claim I poached a deer. I don't even hunt. That's only part of the issue. The neighbor that owns the property is accusing us of several things. My husband wants to go to the sheriffs and send them an affidavit swearing our noninvolvment in any of his complaints.

Thank you for the reply. If you believe there is an investigation, you can voluntarily contact who is involved with this and speak with them and provide a statement. You can share with them what you know and what you believe the issue to be and share with them and advise when you think your neighbor is doing this and their motive. Anything you say to them can be used in their investigation and considered and they are likely to ask you questions, so just be prepared. If you are unsure you can also sit idle and see if they do contact you and at that time, you could cooperate as well. If there is no evidence to support this, they would just it out and if you were a person of interest, they may contact you.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Tina, Lawyer