I’m waiting for Widows insurance Social Security Benefits…

Customer Question
I’m waiting for Widows...

I’m waiting for Widows insurance Social Security Benefits and my land lord is trying to evict me for one month late payment

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Baltimore MD

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes I was given a summons on Dec 18 and I just had surgery on Dec 11th I’m 70 years old and scared

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I’m waiting for social security award to be able to pay rent they know this I have been very upfront with them. Never paid late in 15 years since I’ve been with this complex. I even requested a smaller unit with no stairs due to the high rent and my health.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/19/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 7 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Court will not evict, especially this time of year, and especially given your long tenure, since incident and if you are able to get current. Court will normally mediate a payment plan if there is still a balance owing.

Thank you, ***** ***** the first time in my life that I’m going through this. With the death of my husband on 10/22/17 and going through cancer and now this recent operation I was really frighten and desperate.
I don’t have the money now to be able to speak to you.
Very welcome.
No call needed.
Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. Happy Holidays!