Do I need numbers on a 10' boat non motorized. Sorry.

Customer Question
Do I need numbers...

Do I need numbers on a 10' boat non motorized

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the boat?

Sorry. Florida. Boat over 15 yrs

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No I have hand written Bill of Sale

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No Thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/19/2017
Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer
Good morning. I am a legal expert attorney who will assist you today.
No you do not need to title the boat in Florida if it is non motorized and under 16 feet.Here is a list of what is exempt.The types of boats that are exempt from having a title include:
Used only on private lakes and ponds;
Owned by an entity of the U.S. government;
Not powered by a motor AND less than 16 feet in length; (Your Boat)
Not used on Florida waters for more than 90 consecutive days;
That are amphibious;
Documented with the U.S. Coast Guard OR in another state (with a federally-approved numbering system) being used on FL waters for 90 days or less;The vessels exempt from Florida registration include:
Boats less than 16 feet in length AND not powered by a motor.
Regardless of length, all non-motor-powered:
Canoes.
Kayaks.
Racing shells.
Rowing sculls.
Vessels used only on private ponds and lakes.
Boats owned by the U.S. government.
Lifeboats used solely for that purpose.
Non-resident vessels used on Florida waters for no more than 90 consecutive days.I hope this clarifies. Please don’t forget to rate the question with stars. We as attorneys are not employees of Just Answer and are not paid unless you rate the question with stars.
If you have any other questions please just ask