I wrote you becouse I do not have the $59 to talk to you in…

Customer Question
I wrote you becouse...

I wrote you becouse I do not have the $59 to talk to you in person

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No I thought they we onup andup

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes I got a notice that I was a possible winner but they wanted me to buy mote

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/19/2017
Lawyer: Richard, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Richard, Attorney

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Could you elaborate a bit.....What were you told you won? And, what do you mean that they wanted you to buy "mote?" Thank you!

have to pay for all the things they wanted me to buy I am so stupied but I live alone and they made it sound like I was a winnet
and in order to win I had to add to mt buying cart I live on 985 dollors a month and I thought if I win I will not have to struggle anymore I was told I was one of the possilble winners they had my address and map where I live. Said we would meet at the Hotel They would bring flowers You are making fun but its not when you are struggling
I just thought my life would be a little easier Lucy Weishuhn
I told you I can not afford $59 I do not have it in the Bank I have to pay rent and utilitirs
I am so sorry to bother you but I guess I am sunk

Hi Lucy. First, JustAnswer automatically generates these requests for phone calls....there is no need for a call. We, as experts, have no control over those. But, I can help you online without the cost of a phone call. Second, what is being proposed to you is a scam. You haven't actually won anything; they're simply trying to scam you into paying them something you have no obligation to pay. Don't go anywhere and don't pay them a dime.

What to do nothing how can they scam old people that are struggling and get by with it

They do this because it works. They scare older people into paying money they are not obligated to pay. You can file a formal complaint with the state's attorney general office, but make sure you don't pay these people anything.

I apologize for the delay in responding. I had a prescheduled meeting. Thanks for your patience!

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Richard, Attorney