City attorney filed a misdemanor charge against me but DA's…

Customer Question
City attorney filed a...

City attorney filed a misdemanor charge against me but DA's office dexided ti drop the charge. However, my case never fot dropped and the city attirney is asking me to take a diversion. My question is if the DA's office dropped the case shouldn't it be dismissed?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

California and I had surrendered my dental license but never recieved an effective date notice. They came and told me I was practicing without license and I retained an attorney to resolve the matter

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes and he is saying that we can go to court or take diversion but the problem is taking a diversion would negatively affect my license reinstatement

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, basically the charge was filed by the city attorney but the DA's office decided not to file but it nener fot resloved in the first place. Shouldnt it be just dismissed without me taking a plea hence it was dropped by the DA's office?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
12/19/2017
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 6 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Your Questions:

Response 1: Yes, it should. You need to contact the DA's office to complete the paperwork in the case.

Response 2: Yes. You need to contact the DA's office to resolve the issue, to complete the paperwork necessary to drop your case.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.