Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I am a live-in caregiver for a year and the lady died a

Customer Question
I am a live-in...

I am a live-in caregiver for a year and the lady died a month ago. The same day I told her son that i will be moving on and he said to pease stay for as long as we want. through the month he had ask me to get the basement all cleaned up so he can rent it and i live upstairs. After the downstairs are all cleaned up he had ask me to empty the upstairs and put everything in the garage name will pay me. He now owes me $12000 to date and I settled with $8500 because he refuse the amount. I have been living in the house with no electricity for three weeks now. Two days ago he change the locks and put all my stuff in the driveway and to date he wouldn’t sign a contract that he owes me and now me and my son is homeless. I am in the driveway with a dhal van but i refuse to leave until he pays me. what can i do now.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Im homeless with my son

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/19/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You can file a wage complaint with state of California.They will get you paid and also fine the employer here for not paying.You also have right here to sue him in small claims as last resort.

File here

https://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/HowToFileWageClaim.htm

You can also sue him in small claims.

http://www.courts.ca.gov/selfhelp-smallclaims.htm

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Ray, Lawyer