I live in Wisconsin and had my contract breached by my

Customer Question
I live in Wisconsin...

I live in Wisconsin and had my contract breached by my public school.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

What are the time limitations to file a breach against the school, which is a government entity? JW Langkau

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Customer:***@******.***

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Wisconsin

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/18/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Generally, you have six years to file a breach of contract action against someone. Wis. Stat. Ann. § 402.725 (2016); Wis. Stat. Ann. § 893.43 (2016). You may have specific rules regarding bringing an action like this in your contract so please read it carefully; otherwise, you'll have six years to do so.

What other questions did you have for me today?

In Wisconsin, is it a shorter amount of time to file a breach suit because the public school is a government entity ?

To my understanding, whether they're a government entity is notwithstanding. Have you heard differently?

no.

Understood. If that is the case, then their public agency status does not matter. They can sue and be sued like any other private party. Was there anything else I can help you with today?