If no form of rent has been paid by the family member and…

Customer Question
If no form of...

If no form of rent has been paid by the family member and they did not pay any rent or utilities, do I have to go through the legal process in the state of Florida to have them evicted from my home?

Lawyer's Assistant: No, you can ask a one off question to try things out.

She left on 12/8 and today she stated that many of her personal belongings are still there so she was moving back in. Should the eviction notice be filed?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not at this point because I didn't think we would need to.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't want start the legal process if it isn't necessary

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/18/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thank you for your patience. Generally, you only have to go through the courts if the person is evicted for non-payment of rent and they refuse to leave the property. In your case, if they haven't paid the rent, you should provide an eviction notice now and enforce it if they are not out by the end of the time that you state (usually the minimum time is three days). So, the answer to your question is that it is not necessary yet. Only if they don't leave should you go to court.

What other questions did you have for me today?