Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I live in Mobile Alabama and I need to file a release on a…

Customer Question
I live in Mobile...

I live in Mobile Alabama and I need to file a release on a judgement that was place on me in 2009 that I just learned about. The atty that filed has died since then. But I have the proof that this 500K judgement was paid. Can I file this myself with what form. I cant afford an atty

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Alabama

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Judgement 2009

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
i also have the proof of payment
12/18/2017
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 2 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response both initially and when you add a follow up question or add facts. Please don't ask "are you there", "where is my answer", etc., since when you post it can erase what I am working on. If we are having a conversation unless I tell you I am going offline, I will be here but I may be doing research.

Have you asked the judgment creditor if they will sign a Release of Judgment if you provide one?

he refuses
Hes my ex husband

You would file a Motion for Release of Judgment and then an Order Releasing Judgment. You can file these and represent yourself in the hearing if you choose to do so.

As to form, Alabama has a website with forms at http://eforms.alacourt.gov/default.aspx

However, I didn't see those form on there when I ran a search. You may want to go to a specific form website and see if they can provide them although there will, of course, be a fee. The following is a link to the only forms website that I suggest people use:

http://lztrk.com/?a=2177&c=14&p=r&s1=

Their forms are relatively inexpensive and will be correct.

You can also run a Google search to find the documents but in Alabama, as in most states except CA, lawyers tend to draft their own documents and you don't usually see forms online that are correct.

You have to be sure and have him served as well, and then set a hearing and send him notice of the hearing by certified mail, return receipt requested.

At the hearing, bring all the evidence to show that the debt was paid.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Also please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions in this thread. I want to be sure all of your questions are answered.

I was disappointed that the lawyer told me where to go for free but did not provide me with the form. This was mostly what I was looking for the form it self and how to file it. Sorry I wasted my money.

I gave you the only place to get an Alabama form and the place where you can buy one. I don't have the form and, in addition, we're not allowed to supply people with forms as the click throughs explain. If you had indicated you wanted someone to provide you with the form then I wouldn't have picked up and, I imagine, no other expert would either.

If you reread your question it was, "Can I file this myself with what form". I answered these questions as well as providing additional information. You can still file an additional services request to see if anyone else wants to draft one for you but I don't think they would be able to since that requires the formation of an attorney client relationship which, again, we're not allowed to form as the click throughs explain.

Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney