Is there a legal basis for a landlord to notify a standing…

Customer Question
Is there a legal...

Is there a legal basis for a landlord to notify a long standing (8yrs month to month) tenant that he has to vacate in 45 days or before and surrender possession to the landlord?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Received a certified letter from landlord on 12-16-2017

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Landlords reason was i have a poor attitude because i asked to have the water tested and for reimbursement for furnace filters?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
12/18/2017
Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 5 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Answer: Unfortunately, Ohio law provides that a landlord may terminate a month-to-month tenancy by giving the tenant 30-days' notice. The landlord does not have to provide a reason for terminating the lease. All that is needed is that the landlord give you a minimum of 30-days' notice.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you, but I hope this will not affect your rating of my services.

Rating & Additional Questions: Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please do not rate my service. Please ask me as many questions as you need, until you feel I have earned an excellent rating. There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.

Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi