Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Stepmother redid my fathers will even though he has

Customer Question
Stepmother redid my fathers...

Stepmother redid my fathers will even though he has dementia. Is this legal ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

Texas.

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

My own knowledge but I cannot get documents to support because of Hippa law.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is there a document that she could have gotten done to make this new Will legal ?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
12/18/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Here any heir has right to contest this as will contest when the father deceases.Texas law allows you to do so when the deceased has lack of capacity.You will need a lawyer to pursue this but it is very possible for a a will here in Texas not to be admitted .

Reference to that

http://www.texasinheritance.com/contesting-wills-mainmenu-26/how-to-contest-a-will-mainmenu-34/316-learn-how-to-successfully-contest-a-will

You may well have great facts to contest this matter.I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Lawyer for you here

Contact us by phone:(###) ###-####(Toll Free), Monday - Friday, CST, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The call-in service is closed on legal holidays.

Ray, Lawyer