Is it necessary to have a Deed of Trust if you have warranty…

Customer Question
Is it necessary to...

Is it necessary to have a Deed of Trust if you have warranty deed with a vendors lien?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Not at this time.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
12/18/2017
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 4 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

This depends on the situation. Can you please tell me a little more about what has happened and what you wish to achieve here?

I am selling property and I am financing the balance for the individual.

Thank you. A deed of trust is a document that creates a legal trust, in which the only asset of which is the purchased real estate. If one is financing the purchase, a deed of trust IS A GOOD IDEA but it really depends on how you structure the deal. It is not 100% mandatory, but again, is a good idea.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of THREE OR MORE STARS and then click FINISH to submit that rating, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating (it does not cost anything extra to rate).

Ely, Counselor at Law