Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I need to employ a health care person to live only home they…

Customer Question
I need to employ...

I need to employ a health care person to live only home they want to work 24/7 and no not want any time off unless they have something special for a 24hour period I'm going to pay 210per day they givie me breakfast etc drive work around hour prepare too laundry etc what is my requirements thank Leon weinstein

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I spend seven months inny and five inflorida

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time were yj

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Full time were you able to read my full question?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
12/18/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 2 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

The only real requirement that you will need to comply with is that you comply with the rules on payroll deductions for federal taxes and other required payroll deductions.

Other than that, there is not a requirement that you give rest breaks or days off.

A special FLSA rule applies to home care workers who live in the same home as the consumers they work for (called “live-in” home care workers). They are entitled to receive at least the federal minimum wage for all their hours worked, but are not required to receive overtime pay.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Loren, Attorney