How much time I get for a probation devaluation in

Customer Question
winchester virginia?...
How much time I get for a probation devaluation in winchester virginia?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/18/2017
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

This in my name Krista Lynn Baldivia

I think you mean a probation "violation."

The answer depends on a number of things such as whether you've been violated before and how many times, what you are on probation for and how well you get on with your probation officer, the facts and circumstances of your case and the facts and circumstances of the violation.

Probation can give you anything from a wrist slap (more reporting requirements, more random testing, etc.) on through revoking you altogether. What they will want to do depends on whether or not they think you can successfully complete probation or whether they want to wash their hands of you altogether because you're simply too much trouble.

In the worst case scenario, if probation wants to revoke you altogether, the judge can resentence you to anything up to the maximum amount of time allowed under the statute for the crime for which you pled guilty.

You would have a hearing before the judge on your violation for which you could and should have a lawyer. The judge can also restore you to probation, even if probation doesn't wish it and would if a lawyer gives a compelling reason for the judge to do that.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.