My ex husband owes the state of MO child support which is…

Customer Question
My ex husband owes...

My ex husband owes the state of MO child support which is now all coming to me. he called me today and wants me to call the state and tell them that I will forgive the debt so that he can finance a house. he is sending me papers that he is having written up where he will pay directly to me the 9600 dollars he still owes me

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Thank you

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

MO

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am 65 yrs old receiving soc sec benefits of 411 a month and work part time on the SECEP program. My full monthly income is 1227$ including the 200 a month child support I am now getting. also would my stating to the state of MO that I want to forgive him this debt effect my food stamps or other state benefits

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/18/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 7 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

I would not agree to forgive anything. It could impact benefits and may even end up in your having to repay benefits you received. He should address the issue with state child support directly without your involvement.

If that is fast and acceptable, kindly reply "yes"

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.