I live in and work for the federal government. I have over…

Customer Question
Good morning I live...

Good morning I live in Virginia and work for the federal government. I have over the past 1.5 have travelled the 95 HOT lanes with my personal Flextransponder in the wrong position in my government car. I was never stopped by the state police or fined by Transbaran. However my agency was notified and requested and received two years worth of personal records. I also believe the State Police gave records early to my agency without my consent and with out the proper paperwork. My agency is now trying to terminate me. I am fighting this administrativelye with an emploment atorney however I believe the law was broken by giving my records over to my agency who does not collect tolls or enforce traffic laws.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Virginia and 2007 Dodge Cahrger, government car.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Charger

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
12/18/2017
Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Michael Bradley
Unfortunately, the answer to your question with regards ***** ***** or not your employer wrongfully turned over the records is Maybe. The fact that it is a company car and not your personal car is what clouds the issue. The key would be to see whether or not you signed off on your employer being able to obtain your records. It would not be without your consent, they may have had you consent when you were hired to release or allow your employer to have these records. If I had to guess I would assume that they did ask you for the consent prior to employment to ensure that the company car was not being used outside of business or, in the alternative, if it was being used outside of business than any kind of EZ Pass cost would have been forwarded to you
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley, Lawyer