The police put my picture on the news and the internet

Customer Question
The police put my...

The police put my picture on the news and the internet accusing me of a crime i did not commit

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Mn just the other day

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that i can think of

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
People keep starting asst me and talking about how I'm a criminal and how i wad the guy on the news. And the police knew i had nothing to do with it
12/18/2017
Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your legal question today. I'm attorney Bill offering support and assistance to your defamation law question.

A publication that connects the wrong person to a crime is grounds for a libel suit.

While individuals do share the same name a publication should include significant more detail to distinguish innocent people from suspects.

If you have been negligently connected to a crime which is defamatory pro se you could consider taking an action against the police department.

Additionally, you might contact them to clear up the confusion.

We are here to help, so please follow up with me as required.

In return remember to rate positively today.

I'm an independent legal expert and rely on your positive feedback to get a credit.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

SO I hope you rate FIVE STARS today.

Thank You

Attorney Bill

Will be telephoning later today.

Yes you should clear up the misinformation that exists and could contact them personally or through your attorney.

I see you have yet to leave positive feedback.

SO I hope you rate FIVE STARS today.

Thank You

Attorney Bill