Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

This Medical Group's insurance company went into liquidation…

Customer Question
This Medical Group's insurance...

This Medical Group's insurance company went into liquidation after we negotiated a settlement with them. Is the group liable?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

New York

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Think everything necessary has been done.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
12/18/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 2 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
But the insurer may also have its own coverage so I would check with company and insurer on how it intends to handle the obligation.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.
The insurer does not have insurance. Have a lawyer who seems to me to be ineffective. The Group says it will offer a partial settlement to limit their liability but it has been over a year since the settlement. Their ins. Co. Is Oceanus of SC. Do we have any recourse to speed things up?
If the group fears being held liable for balance plus legal fees and is threatened by counsel you should get payment especially if you suggest you may even go after Group owners and principals.
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.
INFOLAWYER, Attorney