I have a protection order against my husband. i went to the…

Customer Question
I have a protection...

I have a protection order against my husband. i went to the marital home while he was not there to get belongings, see my kids, and fix window my daughter had broken. law enforcement said i was not allowed at the home without a police officer. is this true?

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I tried to get legal aid, they said they are too short staffed. he has hidden all money and has an attorney of his own

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Court is in the morning at 10. adams county. he came to the home while i was there, ha also told my son to tell me thngs i believe these are violations?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/17/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. So, generally you are allowed access to the marital home unless there is a protection order against you that has been issued by the courts. Typically, the court will require that if you have a protection order against someone, that you must stay away from the restrained person. There is usually nothing saying that you have to be at the home with a police officer unless the court specifically required that you have one at the time you see them. What other questions did you have for me today?

Legal Eagle, Lawyer