How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Eagle Your Own Question
Legal Eagle
Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 15822
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Legal Eagle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a protection order against my husband. i went to the

Customer Question

i have a protection order against my husband. i went to the marital home while he was not there to get belongings, see my kids, and fix window my daughter had broken. law enforcement said i was not allowed at the home without a police officer. is this true?
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: ohio
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: i tried to get legal aid, they said they are too short staffed. he has hidden all money and has an attorney of his own
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: court is in the morning at 10. adams county. he came to the home while i was there, ha also told my son to tell me thngs i believe these are violations?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 9 months ago.

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. So, generally you are allowed access to the marital home unless there is a protection order against you that has been issued by the courts. Typically, the court will require that if you have a protection order against someone, that you must stay away from the restrained person. There is usually nothing saying that you have to be at the home with a police officer unless the court specifically required that you have one at the time you see them. What other questions did you have for me today?