I just went through the security screening at Logan-American…

Customer Question
I just went through...

I just went through the security screening at Logan-American airlines. I was wearing no jewelry but did have a zipper in my paints. Nothing in my pockets, I'm traveling light.I was taken out of line and subjected to a body search by a female attendant, She touched my breast area and under my arms, by buttocks and inner thighs, She then wanted to pass her figures along the inner area of my jeans and the waist,. When I objected)i treatment for sexual harassment she said she would call the police. I told her that I might have a panic attack. She said I couldn't travel unless I complied with the screening I suggested that I pass through the screening apparatus again to see if areas of concern showed up, She said that was impossible. I eventually acceded to this highly intrusive screening--when I was wearingNOTHING that could have triggered the search. What happened?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Boston Ma, it happened about 1:00.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I can fid n information on the TSA website concerning how to make a report

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I need to know how decisions about who to body screen are made. I am 74 years old. I m a senior faculty member at MIT in Cambridge.The search was physically intrusive, and moves toward something called sexual assault

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
12/18/2017
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 4 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Do you still need assistance?

If so, please be aware I am having a lot of trouble with the website and being able to see questions and when someone replies so please be patient if you would like for me to work with you.

Also, there are limits to what we are able to answer regarding screenings, etc. because many, if not most, of the rules aren't available to the public and have been ruled to be "National Security Secrets" by the courts.

I am about to sign off for the evening but should be back online tomorrow morning. I have had issues with the website allowing me to see and pick up questions for the last two days so if you respond and I don't get back with you tomorrow morning it is because I am having issues again and I will be with you as soon as I can clear them up.

Tina, Lawyer