Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My live in boyfriend was just told after a bout of mumps…

Customer Question
My live in boyfriend...

My live in boyfriend was just told after a bout of mumps that a golf size lump on his face is skin cancer. after test he has terminal cancer. I need to get a power of attorney to pay bills and keep living here and we have been to gether 17 years we was working 2 jobs until nov.10th. his job we thought was going to give him some of his normal pay for a short termnow says he's on family leave and won't get any monies .he is in debt with a home loan car loan I'm disabled and only get as of jan 2018 $900.00 he has no monies. he wants to give me access to his bank account and others and beguieath the house to me he is in washingto hospital pa both no job no monies and his job wan't to stop his insurance if I get him to sign a paper saying he give me all he owns and has 2 witnesses sigh is it legal I cant get him out to get it stamped by a notary because he can't get to one and I can't pay one to come to the hospital

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Pa. car isn't payed for yet 2014 jeep compass

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I never finished school and ron has a learning problem we are lost don't know what to do

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not sure excep can they take the house from me he owes 25 thousand on it

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
12/17/2017
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 2 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties. However, I am having trouble understanding your post.

Kindly review, edit, properly identify the parties and your issues, ask specific question(s), and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation.

will a signed and witnessed paper stand up in court with out being noterized . giving all acess to his business and bank account so i can know about his loans and other important he wants to leave me the house but can't get out to go to the notery

Thank you for the information.

If he wants to give you Power of Attorney, then you would need to obtain proper forms and have him sign in front of a Notary Public. You can use the following sites to obtain Power of Attorney forms. The Notary Public is available at the hospital. You need to contact the Patient Advocate Department for assistance. There should be a Notary Public there.

As for leaving you the house, he can have someone prepare a new Deed transferring title from him to you. You can use the old Deed as sample. The only difference would be the Grantor and Grantees along with the amount of consideration. In this case it should be less than a dollar since he is giving the property to you as a gift. The new Deed must be signed in front of Notary Public. If a new Deed cannot be done, then he needs to do a simple Will giving you all of his assets. The Will must be witnessed and notarized.

You can use the following site to obtain Power of Attorney and Will forms:

uslegalforms.com

lawdepot.com

lawguru.com

The hospital's patient advocate department may also have Power of Attorney forms.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law