We requested a replacement for my ssn card. We requested it…

Customer Question
We requested a...

We requested a replacement for my ssn card. We requested it on line and paid 97.00. It has been a week and no responce. We think it may be fraud.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

South Carolina

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We are in our 80s and are at our wits end.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
12/17/2017
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 8 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about this.

You have been scammed. There is no fee to request for a replacement SSN Card. You need to go to the local office of Social Security Administration tomorrow to report this incident.

You should also contact all three major credit Reporting Agencies (Experian, Equifax, and Transunion) to put a security freeze on your account. With this you would be notified in the future if someone tries to apply for credit using your information.

http://www.experian.com/consumer/security_freeze.html

http://www.equifax.com/help/credit-freeze/en_cp

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0497-credit-freeze-faqs

File a Police Report. Also file report with the FBI.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.