I worked for ups freight for 20 years 4 years ago I got hurt…

Customer Question
I worked for ups...

I worked for ups freight for 20 years 4 years ago I got hurt and was told I needed a operation on my lower back and I will not be able to continue doing my job because of my injury A long haul truck driver I applied for workmans comp and was denied and lost all insurance with doctors. I was forced into early retiremeant losing 15 percent because I took it early no fault of my own I feel I am entitled to full retirmeant because I took workmans comp to court and won. I was found to be 27 percent disabled by there doctors liberty mutual and ups freight from my injurys Do you think I have a case my number(###) ###-####

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?

California don't know

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Cant think of anything but I am sure there is more

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
12/17/2017
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 8 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Yes, you do have a case if you were forced to early retirement by the company because it wrongfully denied your worker's compensation claim, which was later approved by the Court. You would need the services of an Attorney who handles ERISA (retirement) issues to assist you with the case.

You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Consumeradvocates.org

Goodluck with your case,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Thank you you were very helpful

You are quite Welcome!

Thank you for your cooperation.