My wife just got arrested for giving a false ID at an ER.

Customer Question
My wife just got...

My wife just got arrested for giving a false ID at an ER. She is apparently addicted to opiods and is in a rehab until Monday. She has no record. Is this a felony in Ohio?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

It is in Ohio and I got no details on the actual charge. They are arraigning her on Monday

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No. I just found out.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/17/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.

When you say she gave a "false ID" do you mean a fake ID or someone else's ID?

She didn't specify. She called from a rehab center. She just said she used a fake name.
She said they impounded her car, put her in rehab instead of jail and will be arraigned on Monday. I'm trying to decide if this is a Misdemeanor or a felony.