Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Food stamp fraud investigation. When should I speak to an…

Customer Question
Food stamp fraud investigation...

Food stamp fraud investigation. When should I speak to an attorney and what legal action can be taken against me

Lawyer's Assistant: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Indiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not yet

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
12/17/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 2 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.

"If there is enough evidence, or if the offense is severe enough to warrant criminal charges, you may be formally charged with criminal food stamp fraud. If found guilty, not only will you be disqualified from the program, but you may also be fined and/or sentenced to prison. In cases of extreme or serious fraud, the fines can be as high as $100,000 or more, and prison time can be as much as 25 years." https://federalcriminallawcenter.com/2014/12/penalties-food-stamp-fraud/

Does that answer your question?

Tina, Lawyer