I’m curious.. my father in law has passed away about a month…

Customer Question
I’m curious.. my father...

I’m curious.. my father in law has passed away about a month ago. We found out someone has been trying to obtain credit in his name. My husband ask me to contact several creditors and I did. I release my personal information to them. They put holds on several accounts and are awaiting documents to be filed from my husband and sister in law. My sister in law has also now called several companies. She has stated I am being implicated in the possible fraud/identity theft case. She went on to further state a loss prevention representative stated that I was the one to blame. My question is are they legally allowed to imply that a person is a suspect to whom ever they speak with?

Lawyer's Assistant: The Fraud Examiner will know what to do. Is there anything else the Fraud Examiner should be aware of?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/17/2017
Lawyer: Attorney2, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney
Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I have never heard of a company implicating anyone for fraud I am aware of them sharing information with law enforcement