Our son was paroled to a halfway house in SD he left the…

Customer Question
Our son was paroled...

Our son was paroled to a halfway house in SD he left the half way house crossed state line and now he is wanting us to buy him a bus ticket to come home to Texas he was convinced of a violent crime my question is what if any charge could we face for aiding and abetting him

Lawyer's Assistant: Since parole regulations vary, can you tell me what state this is in?

South Dakota

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
12/16/2017
Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

I a sorry that your son has put you into this position. He is now a fugitive. He is violating the law and he is asking you to violate the law as well.

This can not be good for you (or him). Aiding a fugitive is a felony and you can be imprisoned for doing so. You could face a minimum of 2 years imprisonment for assisting him.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Could we face charges for sending him money

I am sorry - YES. You know that he is a fugitive. Any assistance that you provide him that helps him elude capture is something that you can be charged with.

I am sincerely ***** ***** you are in this difficult position. But it is not of your making and you should stand strong to protect yourself.

Kind regards,

Gerald