Our son was paroled to a halfway house in SD he left the…

Customer Question
Our son was paroled...

Our son was paroled to a halfway house in SD he left the half way house crossed state line and now he is wanting us to buy him a bus ticket to come home to Texas he was convinced of a violent crime my question is what if any charge could we face for aiding and abetting him

Lawyer's Assistant: Since parole regulations vary, can you tell me what state this is in?

South Dakota

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
12/16/2017
Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

I a sorry that your son has put you into this position. He is now a fugitive. He is violating the law and he is asking you to violate the law as well.

This can not be good for you (or him). Aiding a fugitive is a felony and you can be imprisoned for doing so. You could face a minimum of 2 years imprisonment for assisting him.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Could we face charges for sending him money

I am sorry - YES. You know that he is a fugitive. Any assistance that you provide him that helps him elude capture is something that you can be charged with.

I am sincerely ***** ***** you are in this difficult position. But it is not of your making and you should stand strong to protect yourself.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer