I'm trying to get my financed vehicle back from a friend who…

Customer Question
I'm trying to get...

I'm trying to get my financed vehicle back from a friend who was suppose to purchase the vehicle from me and never did Ive been paying for insurance and the loan. He has been threating me an Ive tried everything to get the vehicle back. I have two repo companies looking for the vehicle he is hiding it somewhere. Can I file a small claims to get the car back the value is more then 10K on loan.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Oregon, 2013 camero

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

The loan company?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/16/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.

Whose name is ***** ***** in? Since you're saying that he was supposed to purchase it from you I'm assuming it's in your name but I want to confirm before we continue.

It's in my name fully. I financed the vehicle, pay the insurance. But he was to pay and purchase the vehicle he has not in 2 yrs he keeps saying its a gift I never signed anything saying its a gift to him.
hello