Landlord has given me a 30 day notice for what I feel are…

Customer Question
Landlord has given me...

Landlord has given me a 30 day notice for what I feel are unjust reasons.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Michigan

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I just received a 30 day notice to leave.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I do not feel the reasons are justified.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/16/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Loren, Attorney
Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.
I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.
I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.
This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.
The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.
There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.
WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.
Do you have a written lease for a fixed term or is the tenany month to month?
What reason is given for the termination of tenancy?